jesus is god!
"I now say to you, whoever divorces his wife (lewd conduct is a separate case) and marries another commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." —Matthew 19:9
Because Jesus is God:
- His death on the cross has saved all people from their sins (see Ti 2:14).
- He has risen from the dead and will raise us from the dead (see Rm 1:4).
- He will come again to take us with Him (Jn 14:3).
- He has superseded the Old Testament and has forbidden divorce (Mt 19:7-8ff).
- He gives those celibate for God's kingdom the power to live on earth as the angels live in heaven (Lk 20:34-36; Mt 19:12).
- He can live in us and make it possible for us to live in Him (see Jn 6:56).
- He can change bread and wine into His Body and Blood, and then command us to receive His Body and Blood (Mt 26:26-28).
- We must totally give our lives to Him, live for Him rather than ourselves (2 Cor 5:15), and worship Him.
- We should risk our lives to be Jesus' witnesses (Acts 1:8).
- We begin to realize that God is One and is Trinity, that is, three Persons in one God.
- We are awed to live in the mystery of Jesus' divinity.
Prayer: Jesus, "my Lord and my God!" (Jn 20:28)
Promise: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever." —Ps 136:1
Praise: When Alice entered a Catholic church for the first time, she was overwhelmed by the presence of God. Soon she converted to the Faith.
Rescript: †Most Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Auxiliary Bishop, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, February 27, 2017
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.