save the children
"Pharaoh then commanded all his subjects, 'Throw into the river every boy that is born to the Hebrews.' " —Exodus 1:22
To stop the increase of the chosen people, Satan and the "culture of death" are making today demands similar to those of Pharaoh. We throw our young people "into the river" or "to the dogs" when we:
- abort them surgically or chemically,
- expose them to hours of TV daily,
- don't tell them about Jesus,
- don't pray with them daily,
- send them to schools not under Jesus' lordship,
- don't teach them to love the Church,
- don't teach them to know and live the Bible,
- fail to call them to self-respect, freedom, and purity, and
- send them into systems, businesses, and other organizations not under Jesus' lordship.
Because there are so many ways to "throw away" children, we can see why there are so many "thrown away" children. Children and young people are to be cherished, birthed, protected, nurtured, and loved. Jesus insists: "Let the children come to Me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these" (Mt 19:14). Love the children.
Prayer: Father, make marriages true covenants in which children will be treasured. Turn the hearts of all fathers to their children (Mal 3:24).
Promise: "He who seeks only himself brings himself to ruin, whereas he who brings himself to nought for Me discovers who he is." —Mt 10:39
Praise: Bl. Kateri, the first North American Indian to be beatified, was baptized into new life on Easter Sunday 1676, four years before her death.
Reference: (For a related teaching, order our tape Home Discipling and Home Schooling on audio AV 74-1 or video V-74.)
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Ralph J. Lawrence, December 29, 2002
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, December 31, 2002