jesus is god!
"I now say to you, whoever divorces his wife (lewd conduct is a separate case) and marries another commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery." —Matthew 19:9
Because Jesus is God:
- His death on the cross has saved all people from their sins (see Ti 2:14).
- He has risen from the dead and will raise us from the dead (see Rm 1:4).
- He can and will come again to take us with Him (Jn 14:3).
- He has superseded the Old Testament and has forbidden divorce (Mt 19:7-8).
- He gives those celibate for God's kingdom the power to live on earth as the angels live in heaven (Lk 20:34-36; Mt 19:12).
- He can live in us and make it possible for us to live in Him (see Jn 6:56).
- He can change bread and wine into His body and blood, and then command us to receive His body and blood (Mt 26:26-28).
- We must totally give our lives to Him, live for Him rather than ourselves (2 Cor 5:15), and worship Him.
- We should risk our lives to be Jesus' witnesses (Acts 1:8).
- We begin to realize that God is One and is Trinity, that is, three Persons in one God.
- We are awed to live in the mystery of Jesus' divinity.
Prayer: Jesus, "my Lord and my God!" (Jn 20:28)
Promise: "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His mercy endures forever." —Ps 136:1
Praise: Diego has been reading the Bible daily for over twenty years.
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Ralph J. Lawrence, February 13, 2001
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, February 20, 2001