"The congregations grew stronger in faith and daily increased in numbers." —Acts 16:5
The early Church grew in numbers daily. "Day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved" (Acts 2:47). The early Church grew daily because:
- "They went to the temple area together every day, while in their homes they broke bread" (Acts 2:46).
- "Day after day, both in the temple and at home, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news of Jesus the Messiah" (Acts 5:42).
- "Each day they studied the Scriptures" (Acts 17:11).
- They encouraged "one another daily" (Heb 3:13).
- They denied themselves and took up their crosses each day (Lk 9:23).
- They faced "death every day" for love of Jesus and in hope of the resurrection (see 1 Cor 15:31).
The Lord promises to give us daily bread (Mt 6:11) if we will live in Him daily (see Jn 15:5). Receive your daily bread.
Prayer: Father, may every day of the rest of my life be a sacrifice pleasing to You.
Promise: "The reason it hates you is that you do not belong to the world. But I chose you out of the world." —Jn 15:19
Praise: Father Ron uses his carpentry and electrical skills to make his poor, inner-city parish more hospitable to the elderly. He has been able to bring several new senior citizens into his parish.
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Ralph J. Lawrence, October 9, 1998
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, October 17, 1998